RCRC - Green Riyadh
Royal Commission for Riyadh City (RCRC) is planning to undertake the construction of the 'Green Riyadh' project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The project contributes to enhance the variety of green spaces in the Saudi capital, with more than 10 million trees planted along the roads, in gardens, parks (urban and natural), around mosques, schools, and universities, public buildings, healthcare institutes, car parks, etc.
The US$23,000 million project includes the following:
1. Afforestation in 6000 schools
2. Afforestation in 2000 car parking sites
3. Afforestation in 1670 government facility
4. Afforestation in 390 healthcare facility
5. Afforestation in 3330 neighborhood garden
6. Afforestation in 43 parks
7. Afforestation in 9000 mosques
8. Afforestation in 16400 km roads
9. Construction of associated facilities
11 May 2021
The main contract bids have been submitted on May 6, 2021 and are currently under evaluation for the Infrastructure Package. (Source: MEED)
15 April 2021
The main contract tender for the Infrastructure Package has been issued with the bid submission due on April 25, 2021. (Source: MEED)
06 October 2020
Design works are progressing and planting tree's across the main roads is currently ongoing.
18 August 2020
The preliminary phase of planting tress across the main roads including King Fahd Road, Makkah Al Mukarramah Road, North Ring Road, Eastern Ring Road beside King Salman Road and King Khaled Road is ongoing.
02 July 2020
Egis has been appointed as the PMC for the project.